Community Theater For Everyone!
That is our slogan here at the North Shore Players, and we strive to bring this idea to life with everything we do!
Audition Information for our upcoming production – “Curtains”!
The North Shore Players of Danvers are holding auditions for their Fall 2018 Main Stage Production of Curtains with music by John Kander, Lyrics by Fred Ebb, and Book by Rupert Holmes. The musical follows the production of Robbin Hood of the Old West, and the events following the mysterious death of their very untalented star Jessica Cranshaw. With a musical theatre-loving detective on the scene, everyone in the show is a suspect!
Please come prepared with a one (1) minute comedic monologue of your choosing and 16-32 bars of music from a song of your choosing. Please bring an updated headshot and resume as well!
Auditions will be held:
- Monday, July 16th at 7:00pm
- Tuesday, July 17th at 7:00pm
Callbacks will be on Thursday, July 19th at 7:00pm.
Production will go up the first two weekends of November.
Rehearsal schedule to be announced.
Please contact the director Mary M. Thames at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Coming in the Spring to our Main Stage – Check, Please!
- Directed by Geoffrey Ducharme
- Geoff is one of NSP’s Newest Board Members, and we’re SUPER proud to announce his NSP Directorial Debut!
The North Shore Players of Danvers explore the hazards of blind dates in the riotous comedy Check Please. Dating can be hard, especially when your dinner date is a kleptomaniac, or your grandma’s bridge partner, a mime, or a pirate. Check Please is at Hogan Regional Auditorium, 450 Maple Street, Danvers, Friday and Saturday, June 1 and 2, at 7:30 p.m., and Sunday, June 3, at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $18/$15, available at the door, from cast members and online.
Purchase Tickets (via PayPal – $18 Adult / $15 Senior/Student – Plus $1 PayPal Service Fee) Here…
Hogan Regional Center Auditorium
450 Maple St. Danvers MA
- June 1st at 7:30 p.m.
- June 2nd at 7:30 p.m.
- June 3rd at 2:30 p.m.
Please contact the director Geoff with any questions at email@example.com
The Addams Family has just Wrapped!
The Addams Family (A NEW Musical)
- Book by Marshall Brickman & Rick Elice
- Music and Lyrics by Andrew Lippa
- DIRECTED by: Kimberly Robertson
- MUSIC DIRECTOR: Marcia Groome
- CHOREOGRAPHER: Carolyn Junker
- STAGE MANAGER: Geoffrey Ducharme
More about the recent Addams Family production:
The North Shore Players of Danvers extend Halloween with their production of the hit Broadway musical, The Addams Family. Daughter Wednesday is all grown up, engaged to somebody “normal,” and asks father Gomez to keep it a secret. For the first time, Gomez must keep something from his beloved wife, Morticia. The parents join with Pugsly, Lurch, Grandma, Uncle Fester and their dead ancestors to sing and dance their way through the problem. The Addams Family, book by Jersey Boys authors Marshall Brickman and Rick Elice, music by Andrew Lippa, premiered on Broadway in 2010. This version is at Hogan Regional Auditorium, 450 Maple Street, Danvers, on Friday, Nov. 3 at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 4 at 7:30, Sunday, Nov. 5 at 2:30, then Saturday, Nov. 11 at 7:30, and Sunday, Nov. 12 at 2:30.
- Gomez Addams- Danny Marks
- Morticia Addams- Jen Luzitano
- Uncle Fester – Dr. Steve Sozanski
- Wednesday Addams – Jilliana Sliby
- Lucas – Phillip Curcuru IV
- Pugsley Addams – Anthony Moscato
- Grandma – Liza Giangrande
- Lurch – Dan Bruns
- Mal – Joseph Ferri
- Alice – Jo Ann Kaplan
- Lily Fishman
- Taylor Courtemariche
- Vanessa Gil
- Cameron Mercurio
- Charles G. Brennan Jr.
- Nancy Claveau
- Carolyn Junker
- Maddie Mercurio
- Agatha Christie’s “And Then There Were None”
- Ten people are invited for a weekend on an island by a Mr U. N. Own, but he isn’t on the island. At dinner a record is played, by that all the people are accused of murder, suddenly the first of them is dead, then the next… It seems to be that one of them is the murderer Mr. U. N. Own, but the person in suspect is always the person who is murdered next. At last only two people seem to be left.
- Mame (Dec. 2016, recently completed)
- Based on the Novel by Patrick Dennis and
- the Play AUNTIE MAME by Lawrence and Lee
- Original Choreography by Onna White Original Direction by Gene Saks Produced for the New York Stage by Fryer, Carr & Harris theatre Tams-Witmark Music Library, www.tamswitmark.com
- Who is MAME? Some of Mame’s wild, adventurous spirit is inside everyone who lives for the moment and believes that “life is a banquet!” It’s the height of the 1920s and Auntie Mame becomes the guardian for her ten-year-old nephew, Patrick. Special songs include Mame, It’s Today, Open a New Window, If He Walked into My Life, We Need a Little Christmas, Bosom Buddies and That’s How Young I Feel. Her life is turned up-side-down, many of her priorities change, but she still lives life to the fullest.
- Plays to be approved for the fall or 2017
- 1st Selection: The Addams Family, Backups: Young Frankenstein, or Little Shop of Horrors
- Recent Main Stage Productions